The aim of this web site is to encourage and support the study of Muggletonianism through:
- Explaining the history and principles of Muggletonianism
- The publication of a detailed bibliography of all things Muggletonia
- The publication of certain key Muggletonian documents
- The publication of Muggletonian studies and discussion documents as they arise
- Putting the entire Muggletonian library in print, available for purchase by all with an interest in Muggletonianism.
Muggletonianism is an ideal area for student level academic study, of both a historical and a theological nature. The sources are self contained, accessible and the primary documentation is in the public domain.
I have attempted to scrupulously respect copyright and I will take any suggestion that I have breached copyright seriously. While certain documents and images published on this site are under copyright (in respect or either content or formatting) I have no objection to my documents being used for non commercial purposes as long as proper attribution is made to this site when they are used.
Many of the documents contained in this site are downloaded in Acrobat pdf format (requiring at least version six of Acrobat), the majority of which are searchable. This feature is especially useful for tasks such as locating the Prophets letters that mention the Medgate rebellion where the documentation is not indexed. As the quality of the original documents are variable the search accuracy may at times be imperfect. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat reader (of at least version six) installed you can download this free software here. I apologise that the navigation of this site requires a broadband connection, I was unable to reduce the size of files without an unacceptable reduction in the quality of the downloaded documents.
This web site is organised according to the following headings that are linked at the left margin:
- This page sets out a brief history and explanation of Muggletonianism
- This page outlines the current state of the Muggletonian Library Project detailing the volumes of this series that are currently available and where these volumes can be purchased.
Early Muggletonian Sources
- This page comprises of a bibliography of the major primary Muggletonian documents from the first generation of believers that I am aware of together with links to separate pages containing further details concerning such documents.
Later Muggletonian Sources
- This page comprises of a bibliography of the major primary Muggletonian documents from subsequent generations of believers that I am aware of together with links to separate pages containing further details concerning such documents.
- This page comprises of a bibliography of the major secondary and non- Muggletonian documents that I am aware of together with links to separate pages containing further details concerning such documents.
- This page comprises of an explanation of the various Muggletonian theological positions together with a discussion of the Christian credentials of Muggletonianism.
Articles & Research
- This page contains articles and research concerning Muggletonianism by both myself and other contributors.
- This page details various links to sites that are of interest to students of Muggletonianism.
- This page details recent additions and modifications to this site
- This link enables emails to be sent to me which will hopefully contain material, suggestions and comments in order to improve this site.
I would also like to thank certain people for their support for this project.